Thursday, April 18, 2013

Random Thursday: Holy Grail Cosmetics

 

I’m joining Em, Lin, & Meaghan for Random Thursday and this weeks subject is -

I decided to throw down vlog style thinking I’d be able to do it in 5 minutes or less, but uh, that does not happen. I don’t know why I think I can talk in a short amount of time, but it’s nearly impossible.

Also, I show you my awesome make-up bag and promised you a link if you’re interested. I am not a ‘purse’ girl, but I love their products and they’re kind of converting me. I no longer put a wallet in my back pocket like a 12 year old boy.

Yeah, that’s how good they are. So check it out. www.gigihill.com/emilietobias 


For those who can’t really watch or don’t really want to (shame on you). I only have one serious holy grail item and that is L'Oreal Double Extend mascara. It makes my eyelashes large and in charge. Over the years I’ve mascara-whored myself out by trying new things but this is the one I always go back too. Even if it did make me flip out thinking that I was losing my eyelashes the first time I wore it. (see video below)

I also talk about Sorme Eyebrow kit, which I think is a good investment if eyebrows are a thing you do. I never did anything with my brows up until this last year and I love how it makes my face look now.

Also, I just want to say thank you to my ‘online’ friends who texted/called/tweeted me concerning the explosion in West, Texas that happened last night. Your thoughtfulness and love is amazing. I live south of the area and was not affected, but plenty of our friends & their family have been – so please just keep our community in your prayers & thoughts.

7 comments:

Katrin said...

I think I am still getting used to liquid eyeliner. I screw it up all the time. :) Love your vlog!

Katie said...

We are meant to be lovers. When you said you have no back head,...I mean...that is totally the kind of thing I would be concerned about. You are amazing.

meg @ you're meaghan me crazy! said...

you kill me! this was the best video ever. love that we got a little tutorial with it!
so many hilarious quotes I can't even start.

Kate said...

I have a really hard time using those stretchy headband-y things! I can usually only use certain ones during a run, but even then it's questionable. They just won't stay on! Glad I'm not the only one.

Sometimes I love and hate that fact that I look stupid with eyeliner. I can NOT put it on, so it's a good thing I look stupid with it..
I like shimmery eye make up too. I feel like a little kid, but it's so much fun! I have some matte just for when I NEED to be an adult, but meh.

Eye lash curlers freak me out. I can't use those either.
Your nails look awesome.

Martha Hokenson said...

I'm slowly getting used to liquid liner...but I agree with you that if there's one product I MUST have, it's mascara!! A good mascara is amazing!

Don't feel bad about posting a long vlog. My vlogs always turn out three times as long as I think they should! (scratching my head at that)

Lin said...

Obviously I'm a little late on commenting here but as always, your vlog totally cheered up my crappy long day. Yay you!

As for your products, love the eyebrow stencils. I could totally see you going all chola eyebrows for halloween haha. And that mascara...oy. Not only was I fascinated at the fact you had to hold up a wet cloth in order to take it off but I also happened to pause the video at the perfect moment where only half of the container it is showing, causing it to look just like a vibrator and my mom walked by and asked me why I was watching a girl show off her "personal messager" lol. So again, thank you!

The Lady Okie said...

hahaha. This killed me. You are hilarious! Also, your hair looks luscious. LUSCIOUS.