Friday, September 7, 2012

Recruiting Superhero’s

Hi friends.

If you’ve been reading lately then you know I’ve done jumped off the deep-end of stupidity and face-planted into a big ol’ pile of “OMG I’M A RUNNER” juice. And while I love running for my own personal selfishness [like the size of my ass decreasing – that’s always nice] the fact is – a lot of races are raising money for something, for someone, for a cause. So, when you commit to a race you are not only committing to becoming a healthier person, you’re also committing to helping out. Runners are cool people. It’s just a fact.

Which is what this post is about – helping & being cool – and what’s cooler than dressing up as superhero and running a 5k?

Not a motherbeepingdernthing. Which is exactly why you should join me on October 20, 2012 at 7am in Waco, Texas to do exactly that. Dress up as a superhero and run [I’m actually going to walk it with my daughter] a 5k.

The race is benefiting Court Appointed Special Advocates [CASA] of McLennan and Hill Counties [in Texas for my out-of-state friends].  CASA provides trained volunteers for children in state care and investigations of abused children. You can find a little more information about them by clicking here.

For an individual to register for the 5k it’s $20. BUT, if we can get 10+ people together, it drops to $15. I think we can do it. If you’re interested, please email me at Tamara0827[at]gmail[dot]com or click on the mail icon on the top right of this blog. Or leave a comment.

Here’s the registration link with a little more information about the times, etc - http://www.active.com/running/waco-tx/casa-superhero-5k-1k-2012.

Team registration ends October 1st, so we need to get the ball rolling.

I’m not sure what I’m dressing up as – Sar suggested Lord Voldemort [with a nude swimmer’s cap!] and Harry Potter. I’ve thought about Power Rangers…but really, I’m open to nearly anything. If you can’t make it, share your ideas. Let’s get this thing going! And no, you don’t have to dress up. I’m just going to because I’m actually an 8 year trapped in a 27 year olds body. But mostly it’s probably just because I’m awesome.

Don’t over think it like you always do – just do it. It won’t kill you, I promise. And if it somehow threatens to, think of all the superhero’s who will be around to save you!

Also, you’ll get to see Lillie dressed up as Wonder Woman. It’s going to be fantastic.

2 comments:

Leia Glover said...

add me and my friend Christine to the list! We are going to run it either way but if it'll help you get to your 10 person team, count us in!

Me and Lillie will be matching... pretty stellar (:

Sar said...

I'm in! HECK YES.